Home » Posts tagged 'military practice test'
Tag Archives: military practice test
The absolute best way to prepare for ASVAB is to take online practice tests as possible under actual test conditions. Browse through your ASVAB tutorial or open your ASVAB eBook and get started for more info here.
Each ASVAB question has multiple options with 4 possible answers A, B, C, or D. With a blind guess, you have a 25% chance (1 of 4) of picking the correct answer out of nowhere.
If you omit 1 wrong answer, you have a 33% chance of choosing the correct answer. 2 wrong answers can be eliminated and you've just increased your odds to 50/50. It can be very encouraging once you understand a few things about how to test designers typically find answers.
Here are some ASVAB secrets for various answers. Remember, you will dramatically increase your chances of choosing the correct answer to multiple-choice questions. But also understand that this is a deductive thought process that takes practice. You are limited on time with ASVAB so practice as much as you can.
1. If two answers collapse each other, one of them is will be right.
2. If two answers are identical, there is usually no correct answer.
3. There is usually at least one answer that is very far from the correct answer.
4. As always, look for keyword traps, never, anyone. Answers that contain such absolutes are usually wrong.
5. Look for long answers, especially for understanding paragraphs. The longer answers are often correct.