In this post, you will come to know the instructions that will help to fix the problem of intermittent connectivity issues on your Netgear range extender. If you are facing a problem connecting the extender to the internet, then this post is for you.
- Check that the extender is properly connected to the power supply through the adapter.
- The extender must be within the range of the router or client device connected to the extender.
- Open the user interface using the Mywifiext net link.
- Enter the email address and the Netgear extender login password. You can try entering the default login details.
- Enter the new details if you have changed it earlier.
- Check the version of the firmware installed on the extender. If the new version of the firmware is available then download it and install the updates.
- Usually, you will be notified of the updates on the screen if any new update arrives.
- Go to the ‘Device upgrade’ page and check if a new update for your device OS is available. If new firmware found, proceed to download it.
Note: For Netgear Extender Ex2700, the latest firmware version can be checked online from the link. You will get the clickable button for ‘Update’ if any new version of OS is available.
- After performing the update, reset the extender using the small pin or paper clip to press the reset button from the back of the device. Press it for 30 seconds and release thereafter. Wait for the extender to reboot properly and the power light must be green or white.
- Connect the device via wired or wireless connection to the extender. If the Netgear Genie extender not connecting to the internet, then there is a need to pay close attention to the problem.
- Configure the extender again using the same steps you followed during the setup.
If you don’t know how to configure the Netgear range extender, then you can contact experts or send a query over the email. The team will revert with the best possible solution.