Snow season is already here and so, it’s time to be prepared for clearing driveways using shovels. Or, you can buy a snow blower to clear the driveways quickly and without much effort. However, buying a snow blower is not easy, as there are so many options available on the market. If you are in a hurry to buy a snow blower, then you can check out consumer reports of best snow blowers that include reviews of top-rated snow blowers currently available on the market.
There are certain factors that you should consider when buying a snow blower, which includes:
- Controls – Despite being a complicated machine, a snow blower should be easy to use because only then, you can get the maximum out of it.
- Starting – If you are looking to buy a gas-powered snow blower, then keep in mind that it either supports an electric start or pull start. A snow blower with an electric start makes it easier for you to start the machine on cold, windy days.
- Lights – Some high-end models are equipped with LED lights that allow users to access the snow blowers at night, so if you are looking for a complete machine, then you should definitely look for this feature.
- Discharge Chute – All snow blowers feature a discharge chute, but make sure to choose a snow blower whose chute can be directly controlled with levers on the chute or remotely controlled from the back of the snow blower.
- Size – Big snow blowers remove more snow, but they are also harder to turn, so make sure to buy a snow blower that you are comfortable operating.
- Clearing Paddle – Don’t stick your hand into the auger, discharge chute, or impeller. If the snow blower clogs up, turn it off, then use a plastic paddle that comes with the blower.
- Speeds – If you choose a self-propelled snow blower, then it will have only one speed, but others may have multiple speeds that allow a more efficient removal of snow.