Home » Posts tagged 'garmin updates'
Tag Archives: garmin updates
A good number of users are quite curious to know how to perform Garmin map update on their device without using the USB cable. Answering their queries, we are going to discuss the steps through which they can update the device even without using the USB cable.
Earlier, a USB connection was necessary for car and truck GPS devices. Now, with the change in the technology and the system, the smart Wi-Fi connectivity feature has been introduced in all the GPS devices that made it possible to transfer the map updates directly without physical connections.
For transferring the data and the updates, the device must be connected to the same Wi-Fi network to which your computer is connected. There are some devices like Edge, Fenix, and Forerunner that can be connected directly to the smartphone using the Bluetooth function provided there must be Garmin connect app installed on the smartphone.
Steps to update Garmin without USB are:
- Go to the Garmin website and select the model for which you are looking for map updates.
- Select the option to download the updates.
- Enter the device serial number.
- Check If the connection between the device and the smartphone gets established or not.
- Turn off the Garmin and restart it.
If you find any issue updating your Garmin, then you can go online to find the right steps or take help from Garmin experts.
Sometimes, many users face problems where Garmin Express fails to launch without displaying any error but sometimes the error pops-up and says that Garmin Express has stopped working or sometimes Garmin Express even quit without warning which causes to lose data. In these cases, one gets annoyed and lose a lot of precious time.
So, go through these below points which might be of your help:
- The main reason for such errors is that sometimes, Garmin Express requires updates for normal starti.e. without any errors or bugs. So, don’t forget to update.
- The next thing you can do is to run Garmin Express as an administrator. Doing this will allow you to have full control over the Application (First, make sure that all Garmin Devices are not connected to your PC). So, don’t ignore this step even when Garmin Express download gets completed.
- Then, check that you’ve given all permissions to Garmin Express like permission to modify storage so that the application can update automatically in the future, etc.
- Then, other reasons which cause such bugs are corrupt application configuration files. You can simply delete these files by first running the Run dialog box then, write app data and click ok. Look for the Garmin folder and just delete it.
- Try installing the latest Windows updates.
- Open task manager and force close Garmin Express
- Try reinstalling Garmin Express but first don’t forget to uninstall.
After performing the above-mentioned steps, you will be able to solve the bugs.