Home » Posts tagged 'chronic pain relief'
Tag Archives: chronic pain relief
Many people who are in chronic pain try to move as little as possible. They believe that the less active they are the less pain they will experience. In reality, the opposite may be true. People who suffer from conditions that leave them hurting all of the time could possibly benefit from physical therapy.
Physiotherapy helps in:
• Strengthen muscles and that improves the support the muscles can provide to the rest of the body. When you allow your stomach muscles to lose strength then you will suffer from more backaches because the muscles in your stomach also help to support your back. You can get assistance from experts at Laurel physical therapy via https://cbayaquapt.com/locations/laurel/.
• Increase endurance so people in chronic pain can perform their daily activities
• Increases stability of the joints and this can decrease falls, and pain associated with swollen joints
• Increases flexibility in the muscles and joints of the body
• Exercise stimulates a release of natural endorphins that work well to relieve pain. The exercise also makes a person feel better about themselves and helps to alleviate depression that people with chronic pain conditions suffer
• Helps people to maintain ideal body weight and that decreases pain
What conditions can benefit from physical therapy for pain management?
Almost every condition that causes pain can be helped by performing the right combination of physical therapy maneuvers. Some of the most common conditions that are greatly improved by this therapy are:
• Chronic headaches
• Rheumatoid arthritis
• Neuropathic pain as a result of tissue injury