Many experienced hikers say that the four legs are better than two while hiking and carrying a heavy backpack. Additional feet which they refer to as trekking poles, also known as hiking poles. Hiking poles are really beneficial while trekking as they provide balance to the whole body. These poles are available in different sizes for people with different age groups. You can buy kids trekking poles online at https://www.highstreamgear.com/product/trekking-poles-for-kids/ if you are planning to go hiking with your family including children.
Here are some of the benefits of using trekking poles:
- Trekking poles increase your stability while hiking on uneven terrain.
- The increased stability that they provide can help to prevent falls, accidents and related injuries.
- The increased stability can help prevent ankle sprains.
- Hiking poles can help you to prevent knee sprain.
- Hiking poles can help you to traverse through difficult terrain, especially in difficult situations such as low light.
- These poles can help you up the steep slope.
Image Source: Google
- They can also help you down a steep slope and help in the prevention of joint pain so often associated with it.
- They can be useful in balancing acts like a rock hopping on the river.
- Trekking poles can help to reduce back pain by improving your posture through the heavily-loaded weight of your package.
- They help to take the stress out of your feet.
- These hiking poles also help to reduce fatigue.
- These poles can increase the speed of hiking to improve your pacing.
- They can allow you to hike at longer distances as a result of the increased speed and reduced pain and fatigue.
- Poles are also beneficial to face aggressive animals such as mountain lions while trekking to make yourself appear larger by raising them above your head.
- You can use them as a defensive weapon against aggressive wildlife.