A good number of users are quite curious to know how to perform Garmin map update on their device without using the USB cable. Answering their queries, we are going to discuss the steps through which they can update the device even without using the USB cable.
Earlier, a USB connection was necessary for car and truck GPS devices. Now, with the change in the technology and the system, the smart Wi-Fi connectivity feature has been introduced in all the GPS devices that made it possible to transfer the map updates directly without physical connections.
For transferring the data and the updates, the device must be connected to the same Wi-Fi network to which your computer is connected. There are some devices like Edge, Fenix, and Forerunner that can be connected directly to the smartphone using the Bluetooth function provided there must be Garmin connect app installed on the smartphone.
Steps to update Garmin without USB are:
- Go to the Garmin website and select the model for which you are looking for map updates.
- Select the option to download the updates.
- Enter the device serial number.
- Check If the connection between the device and the smartphone gets established or not.
- Turn off the Garmin and restart it.
If you find any issue updating your Garmin, then you can go online to find the right steps or take help from Garmin experts.