Probate lawyers are state-approved lawyers who understand the legal aspects sufficient to advise executors and beneficiaries in managing the work of the deceased.
The lawyer is also referred to as an estate attorney and is responsible for handling personal representatives throughout the probate process until everything is settled. He will take the representative through trusts, wills, and estate planning among many other things. You can also contact the leading estate probate attorney via https://www.jsiegelesquire.com/practice-areas/probate-administration.
Image Source: Google
Services to Personal Representative
A probate lawyer is in a position to advise the personal representative through different things during the probate process. They include the following.
- Obtaining the appraisals and values of the date of death regarding the property of the deceased.
- Securing and locating probate assets as well as non-probate assets.
- Preparing and filing relevant documents needed by the probate court in an organized, timely manner.
- Offering advice on the payment of final bills of the decedent as well as payment of any debts that are outstanding.
- The probate attorney also assists in the distribution of assets left by the decedent after taxes and bills have been paid.
Property or estate can be the source of long-term fights amongst beneficiaries. Personal representatives need the assistance of probate lawyers to ensure that everything is handled right after the death of an estate owner.